Nothing is more important than constant wind. From December through to June the ancient trade winds blow 15-20 knots 80% of the time. The sea is crystal clear and warm all year round. No wetsuits needed. Skies are always blue and rain is minimal. All locations are uncrowded and the variety of kite spots is huge. Visit another island each day and choose between waves, lagoons, mirror flat freestyle or downwinders.
The Ultimate Kitesurf Adventure: From the comfort of a spacious catamaran get away from the crowds and join us for the experience of a lifetime. Kite Cruise Grenadines follows the wind and our captain will take you on an unforgettable journey through the best kitesurf locations of the Grenadines. Explore the islands, experience vibrant local culture and simply enjoy being pampered by our professional crew. We are the official Duotone Kiteboarding Catamaran so you don't have to worry about who you're dealing with. Expect the same quality from our cruises as you would from the worlds leading kite brand.
The trip consists of hopping from island to island and discovering the multitude of kite spots on offer. Each place has its own charm and everyone finds their favorite ‘grenadine’. Some islands have small villages with rustic bars, markets and restaurants whilst other islands are uninhabited and classed as national parks.
Our Caribbean Kite Trips include more than just kiting, they're also about experiencing a new way of life. All the ingredients for a perfect kite vacation have been carefully selected to offer you the holiday of a lifetime. Trips are for groups of up to 8 people and are tailor made to suit your own group's requirements. Some itineraries are geared for kitesurf addicts whilst others cater for families or beginners with more of an emphasis on cultural visits. You can join as an individual, a smaller group - or you may charter the whole catamaran.
Captain Rik is originally from the UK but has spent the last 20 years living in warmer climates and following his passion for watersports and the sea. Previously a windsurf instructor he has now been cruising the Caribbean for 10 years in search of the best kite cruise locations.
- 46ft or 47ft kite cruise catamaran
- queen size cabins
- private en-suite bathrooms
- large watermaker
- latest test gear from Duotone Kiteboarding
- kite launching from the boat
- paddle boards, surf boards, snorkeling gear, fishing gear
- no hidden charges
- kite cruise specialist since 2006
CABIN CHARTERS For small groups, couples and solo traveler, we offer shared trips by the cabin. Contact us with your dates and we'll find other guests to share the boat with you. These trips are great fun and you'll leave having made new friends for life!
PRIVATE CHARTERS Or reserve the whole boat and take the kite cruise holiday of a lifetime with your friends and family. We offer 2 different packages depending on the level of service desired : standard charters based on self catering and comfort charters including meals and hostess.
Our comfort package (for cabin and private charters) includes the skipper and hostess, kite rescues and advanced coaching, fresh meals and snacks, soft beverages as well as all related costs to the boat and taxes. Flights, airport transfers and alcoholic beverages are at your own charge. Air conditioning is available on option. Sheets and bath towels are furnished. Fishing and snorkel gear is available on board as well as a paddleboard.
Life on Board
On a private yacht you have complete freedom to discover at your own pace the vast multitude of beaches, bays, lagoons and reefs. Spend one night in a harbor with animated beach bars, live music and restaurants and the next day kitesurf on a desert island away from the crowds.
Kite Cruise Grenadines includes more than just kitesurfing, it's also about experiencing a new way of life. Wake up inside a turquoise lagoon and start the day with a dip in the water whilst breakfast is prepared by the crew. Each day brings a new adventure whether it be discovering a new island, learning a new trick or catching fish for the evening BBQ.
Meals: Our 'all inclusive' package includes 3 gourmet meals prepared each day by our chef. We pride ourselves in offering a high standard of cuisine using only the best local ingredients. We also offer self catering trips for guests who prefer to cook their own meals. Groceries can be purchased before departure and the ship's galley is at your disposal.
Sailing: You don't have to be a sailing fanatic to enjoy island hopping on a catamaran. Under sail the boat is very stable and guests have the freedom to move around the vessel. Sunbathe on the trampolene, relax in the cockpit or try your luck at fishing. Guests are also welcome to participate in sailing the boat. By the end of the trip you should be able to lift anchor, hoist the sails and take the helm by yourself.
Anchorages: The anchorages we visit are all protected from the ocean swells and the beach is usually within comfortable swimming distance. Our crew is always at hand to help you ashore in the auxiliary tender. It is often possible to launch your kite directly from the catamaran!
Evening Entertainment: At the end of the day it's a great time to go ashore and visit the local villages. Most destinations offer a wide selection of watering holes for the thirsty kiter and a variety of restaurants specializing in local cuisine. Evenings on the boat are spent relaxing over a few beers whilst the crew prepares the BBQ. Discuss the day's events, play your music over the boats music system or twist the skipper's arm to get out his guitar.
For those wishing to learn the sport or develop new skills during the kite cruise, we have a fully equipped kitesurf school on board. With the latest Duotone Kite gear and a personal instructor you can quickly improve your level during your stay. Lessons take place in uncrowded areas with a safety boat under close supervision.
- Standard Beginner Course: A basic beginner course lasts 10 hours (5 x 2hr lessons). Lessons can be taken at your own pace depending on your physical ability and are compulsory until you are riding upwind. By the end of the trip you will most probably be riding and addicted!
- Intermediate supervision: All our guests are constantly supervised for maximum safety and our rescue boat is close by. Whatever your level our instructor is at hand to answer questions and analyze technical problems. We also have a wide range of equipment on board in case you break something or just want to try out the latest gear from Duotone Kiteboarding.
- Advanced Video: The best way to perfect techniques and get to the next level is to see yourself on video and identify what you are doing wrong. Sessions are recorded on camera then analysed on the boat’s screen afterwards. With a few tips from our instructor it is easy to see where things can be improved.
In our role as Duotone Kiteboarding ambassadors we have a selection of the latest kites and boards for you to try out during your trip. If you choose to travel light and ride some new kites, we offer interesting gear rental packages including Duotone kites and boards for the whole trip.
Gear rental is available to confident riders and can be booked per day or per trip. An insurance is also offered on option to cover you in case of any material damage.
For non-kiters there are heaps of other activities available to keep you occupied.
- Fishing: Fishing is a part of every day life and whenever we sail there is always a line out. No trip goes without its share of fresh tuna, dorado or barracuda.
- Snorkeling: Snorkeling is always a favorite. The colorful reefs are full of marine life and easily accessible for everyone to enjoy.
- Paddleboarding: a SUP is available to explore the lagoons and reefs around the anchorage.
- Island Excursions: The islands offer great opportunities to go hiking in the tropical mountains, visit sets from ‘pirates of the caribbean’ or absorb the atmosphere at colorful markets.
- Learn to Sail: With a little help from our skipper, learn to hoist the sails, lift the anchor and sail away!
Most of our cruises start in St. Lucia, Grenada or in Union Island, directly in the Grenadines. For 10-days trips, Martinique is another potential departure point. Approximate sailing time to reach the Grenadines is
- 18 hours from Martinique (10-days trips only)
- 12 hours from St. Lucia
- 6-8 hours from Grenada
- 0 sailing from Union Island, you're right on the kite spots!
To fly to Union Island, check www.mustique.com/scheduled-flights/
Please inquire for availabilities - best 3-6 months in advance.
Your Host: Richard
Richard is your host for this experience and will provide you with all the information needed.