Esposende is where the Cavado river meets the ocean. Sheltered by sand dunes at the river mouth the spot offers flat water conditions as well as waves. Due to the thermal winds in the summer the wind always exceeds the forecast with an average of 18-25 knots. This phenomenon is called “Nortada” - which means “Strong North Wind.” Water temperatures rise to about 18-20 degrees, a 3/2mm wetsuit minimum is recommended.
Kitesurfing is of course the top priority, whenever the wind is up! If there is no wind, then we'll offer you to take you out and show you what else this stunning area has to offer: Let's go paragliding, canyoning, trekking, cycling and SUPing, exploring the cable park – or just visit the nearby amazing cities of Porto or Braga and tasting the amazing local food. Each day, depending on the weather forecast, the group decides together what's on the plate as option for the next day (no program option on the last day).
Program Options for No Wind Days (extra costs)
- Paragliding Day: Tandem flight at Ofir Dunes
- Cable Day: Day at the cable park in Vieira do Minho (1 hour from Esposende).
- Trekking in Gerês + gastronomic experience: The landscapes and views are astonishing! The day will end in a local restaurant, Gerês to experience the typical local food and wine.
- Canyoning Day: We have several rivers with excellent canyoning conditions.
- SUP & Bicycle day: A day at Neiva river following a track that combines bicycle riding in the woods and SUP through the river. The day ends with a nice sunset barbecue in Esposende.
- Guided visit to city of Braga or Porto. We will take you to the beautiful cities of Braga or Porto and show you the most beautiful spots there. An amazing experience of local food and wine included.
Our team is devoted to both water sports and mountain activities such as: paragliding, canyoning, mountain trekking, paddle trips in the river and mountain biking. With us you will have the opportunity to experience this amazing sports in the natural park “Gerês” situated 60 km from Esposende in the days of no wind conditions. Whatever the weather brings – we'll make sure that you will always have a great & memorable day.
Your Host: Abel
Abel is your host for this camps and will take care of everything during your trip. Furthermore the host knows everything about this trip and will provide you will all information needed.